Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Falling Behind

Okay, so I haven't been the best about blogging lately. I have come to the conclusion that this may be attributed to one of two possible excuses. The first being that I am extremely busy and just don't have time to sit down and type out pure brilliance. The second, and more truthful, of my excuses is that I just don't have much of a life, and have a difficult time finding things in my day to day worth writing about.

Lately I spend most of my time wishing life, or summer, away. (For those of you that have been to Phoenix in May, June, July, August, September and most of October, you completely understand) I've taken a few trips up north with the husband and the dogs, gone out for a few drinks with friends, and enjoyed a few good books, which is better than nothing. (I'm going to praise Bernard Cornwell here - for those of you that love historical fiction, pick up a few of his books - I highly recommend the Saxon Stories) I feel that authors (not going to mention any names here) that finish their books when they say they are going to definitely deserve some free publicity, not that there are folks lined up to read my blog.

We leave for a family wedding in a few weeks so there will be a 6 day break from the heat; it will also be nice to see everyone, weddings are always...most always...a good time. I should be refreshed upon returning to Arizona, and will hopefully have something good to write about.

No comments: