Monday, December 22, 2008

Tis the Season!

Well it is three days until Christmas, which means 5 days off - WooHoo! I want to start by wishing all my friends and family a very merry Christmas! We didn't even decorate for Christmas this year, and the only gifts that went out were to the kiddos in the family. Our plans for Christmas day include a "Friends" style dinner with probably entirely too much to drink.

Everything is going well in the desert, and I'm not even going to complain, because frankly, I would MUCH rather be here right now (I never did handle the negative degrees very well, nor the wind)...I love being able to leave the house with a sweatshirt and be comfortable. Fiance and I took the two pooches for a nice long hike on Saturday. The weather was perfect, I think I got a tan! I'll shut it now, because I know the rest of the US of A is fighting a rough winter thus far.

The countdown is officially on...less than three months (88 days) until the big day. We do a walk through on the 8th of January and choose all of our linen colors and our centerpieces. I'm forcing the fiance to come along, though I think he is tired of the planning phase. After the linens and centerpieces are selected, we are finished until the few weeks before the wedding (which is perfect timing because my wedding planner is away in Europe for a month :) - Lucky.

The future SIL and her husband will be down in the next few weeks to participate in the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon. Fiance and I were training for it, but after a bout of turf toe on my part the training sorta fell to the wayside. Let's just that I am not looking forward the the following Monday after I force myself to finish 13.whatever miles. It won't be pretty.
Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: